So I officially love waking up in the morning....pretty early after Jeff has headed off to work and slipping on my boots and head into my lovely garden! I have loved the fact that the black plastic we put down has DRAMATICALLY helped the weeds be gone!
I am getting SO many cucumbers and green beans, but have no idea whats the deal with my zucchini! I usually have zucchini coming out my ears, but not this year! Oh and one cool thing is that I am still getting beautiful yummy strawberries! I know right? You are thinking...strawberries?? no way! But I do think that planting them in an area in the black plastic has made them concentrate more on their fruit rather than producing more foliage and getting bigger and bigger.....
Anyways, just a little note to say that I LOVE SUMMER....my tomatoes are just starting to get ripe! I love my cherry tomatoes...my plant is almost growing so tall the neighbors will be able to pick some of them over their fence! crazy... well a few short weeks and I will be pack in the soil of my classroom....getting it all ready for those little seedlings the parents will be dropping off...and I will get to water and help them grow all year long into the Kindergarteners they are meant to be!! I am excited for that...but enjoying the present!
No comments:
Post a Comment