Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday morning surgeon report

Seems to be that we are always going on Monday mornings to the surgeon..which is nice for remembering appointments!

This morning we had to make sure to remember to ask about why Dr. Vu had said no chocolate for Jeff when he was recuperating. Apparently the caffeine in it or something can make his blood I don't know go faster...er make him more anxious or something! Anyway so had we known it was the caffeine maybe Jeff would have let up on the coffee he has every morning at work! ha!
So for my sis and other nurse friends out there...thats the answer I guess!

She took at look at the Xrays today that we had taken last week at our hospital here in town, and said they looked okay, but not great....So I guess the outside looks really good, and it makes sense that the inside workings take longer to heal! So, praise the Lord that it has healed this well up until now!

OH and how could I forget, so I am sitting there crocheting or looking through my purse to miss the whole taking the pins out of his thumb! UGH..I did not want to see that...but Jeff watched the whole thing and she just like slid them out! Crazy, they kinda stuck I think a bit, but apparently those little holes will close up soon and he now will need to work a bit on trying to flex his thumb! We were thinking that it was going to be fused and there would be no movement, but she said that was worse case scenario that she would have to go back in there and fuse if there was too much pain or the bone was not grafting and healing well.

So...we lef the appt. with his little corn cob pins wrapped up for us and excited and very thankful for how God has been healing and been amazing through this entire process! Jeff was excited about the fact that he might have some movement and although it could be an entire year for nerves to fully repair and get some feeling back, we are hopeful and continue to pray for that!

THANK you all for your support, prayers and care! He is on the mend and I will be posting a picture of his very normal looking thumb now soon....it has shed alot of gross dead skin and many of the stitches are just dissolving and kinda coming out! looks good!

2 comments:

  1. Booooooyah!!!!

    Are you planning on using those "pins" for corn on the cob... is that what I read?!?!

    Willy

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!!!! yeah we should....they look exactly like em! i can't seem to find them at the moment...hopefully they are around for our next bbq..hehe =)

    ReplyDelete