So Friday is a happy day...no grad class for me!! yipee...
Waking up early to help Jeffrey get started with the shingles on the roof.....having some coffee with my hubby....and then off for berry pickin time!!
And by 9:00 I was with my sisses in law Kristi and Jocelyn at Rowell bros. farm in Sherwood area....We started out and it was freezing! We picked blueberries and I forget how easy they are to pick...the little bundles just fall off into your bucket! We picked sooo many..I got 11 pounds of them, and of course we took a few pics and Jacob looked like a little blueberry himself, sportin all blue...=)
We had fun and around 10:30 mama Jocelyn and Jacob went on home and Kristi and I decided that even though we had limited container storage we would get some raspberries...So we went down the road about a mile and I got about 5 poundsish of raspberries..mmmmm!
We had fun but Kristi and I pooped out on those after about an hour. Whew, picking in the sun is alot harder and hotter than when its cool!
**Jacob has a cute funny face here..i was holding up a blueberry and matching it to the size of his little nose....and he just was being funny and cute!
Here are some pics of cute Jacob and our precious berries..now to freeze some of them...
**OH and I remembered a good way to freeze berries and keep them from not becoming mush in the freezer bag (thanks mom for reminding me)
-After washing your berries put them on cookie sheets and freeze them for a bit this way.
-Once you have frozen them for a while like this then transfer them to ziploc bags or containers to freeze and they will stay more separate and not so mushed together....=) YEAH!
No comments:
Post a Comment